Sunday, September 12, 2010

Well, its been a really long time

I forgot about this blog for almost 3 years. My bad. Ced is now 3. I graduated from MBA school and now I am a Ph D student at the U of Texas - Dallas. Looking like I will be an economic experimentalist. I am currently working on a counter terrorism project at UTD. Jenn is still wonderful and kid no. 2 should be only 2 weeks away.

What I am thinking on. I believe in evolution, but it simply isn't important enough to fight over. In fact, I cannot think of on biological aspect that evolution is important, except evolution itself. I would consider it's discovery to be a net negative for our society. Way too much energy is being spent on both sides of the issue. This further annoys me since I feel that biologists try to diminish the effect that chemistry and physics plays in advancing its own science. I would claim that nearly every time biology is able to answer the question "why" about anything, it is almost entirely up to physics and chemistry ( and the associated experts) to explain it too them. Biology is great at explaining what, but the why is left for the hard sciences. I do hope Cedric like math and brushes off biology as an undergrad and goes into physics or engineering. I do love him so.

I think that Cristopher Hitchens is a great writer, but at times, his logic behind his arguments can be quite poor. I think people confuse the two. Esp in 2006 when he proclaimed that Castro is being forcibly removed due to a military coup. Not a bit of evidence to back that up. Yet, no one calls him on it. Annoys me.

I still think that military atheists are just as crackpot crazy as religious fundamentalists. There is nothing wrong with building mosques at ground zero.

that is all

No comments: